MJ Dramatics Club
College life promises many opportunities to grow as an individual. Dramatics is an integral part of such activities. Dramatics makes a person comfortable on the stage, helps him modulate his voice, express emotions to a large audience and also engage them. Every college has a rich calendar of activities and the MJ College is no different. To bring all such activities under a single umbrella, the MJ Dramatics Club was formed.
Aims of the Club :
- Self-Confidence: To improve/boost participation and teach students to trust themselves.
- Cooperation/Collaboration : Theatre combines the creative ideas and helps students rise with mutual support
- Problem Solving: Every activity comes with problems that need to be addressed instantly. Students learn to work and execute within strict time limits.
- Fun: Unlike other activities, dramatics also offers entertainment to loosen you up.
- Trust: It helps build mutual trust amongst team members and also gain trust of the audience.
- Memory : It calls upon and enhances the memory recall skills
- Social Awareness: Drama picks up subjects from the society and hence gives a better insight.
- Aesthetic Appreciation: The individual learn to respect and appreciate art and performances.
- Role in organising the Annual Day Function, Fresher and Farewell parties.
- Mono Acts and skits on various remembrance days.
- Independence Day and Republic Day skits/drama
- Organising Talk Show of Theatre/Radio/Cinema artists
- Street Plays on various social/health issues
- Organising Acting Workshops
- Membership is free
- Anyone from the colleges under MJ Group can be a member
- All ex students can be members/mentors
- Experts in the field from outside the college
Drama Club Session
Drama Club 2018-19
Drama Club 2019-20
Drama Club 2020-21